Last week when I was running, I injured my foot. When I got back home I put ice bags on my ankle and I bandaged it. What do you think how long I should pause with my training in order for this injury to heal? I wouldn’t like to cause more damage if I return to training earlier. My ankle looks just fine now, apart from the occasional pain.

I think that you shouldn’t start exercising again. Your ankle needs time to recuperate completely and you should rest for at least two weeks. Since there are no apparent problems with it, you may be tricked into believing that everything is fine, but I think that such injuries can be deceitful and that if you return to your usual routine earlier than you’re actually ready, the injury can even get worse. Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to go and have your ankle X-rayed, just in case. Maybe you should also have several physical therapy sessions. So, don’t be so reckless about your health. It’s better to make a pause longer than necessary, than to rush and make things even more complicated.

I would suggest you saw a doctor to check on the severity of your injury. A doc can then tell you what to do (stretch, massage, apply hot or warm compresses) to heal sooner so you could go back to your regular activities.