My boyfriend had a stent placed in kidney due to urine follow blocked by kidney stone. The stent is still there as well as the kidney stone. Is it normal for the stent to still be there? The string that was left out of the body came out about 2 weeks after the procedure. might mention this all took place back in feburary.

tired momma
PostPosted: 10/05/08 - 12:28 Post subject: how long should a kidney stent be placed in body before doct

It would seem rather unlikely that he would still be passing stone fragments after eight months. Also, if the stone had not passed, it would be rather large by now, and likely causing more severe problems. I would suggest he check with his doctor to clarify what the intended course of treatment is, and why the stent is still in place.