I recently upped my mileage substantially to 45-50mpw on top of 2 hours/week of weights, 3,000 crunches/week. I am eating the same amount I did before while running 25mpw. Since I upped the mileage, I am hungry a lot, so I'm thinking I may not be eating enough. For the last month I've averaged 2,132 per day, 30% from fat, 45% from carbs, 23% from protein, 3% from alcohol (hey man, I love my beer).

While I don't see the ratios changing much, I'm thinking I'm in need of more food. I need to drop 40-50 lbs on top of the 40 I've lost, but having once had an eating disorder, I don't want to fall back into bad habits.

So am I not eating enough? Or should I just wait it out and assume I'll get used to it? How much do you work out, and how much do you eat to fuel yourself?

I shudder to think the number of calories that I suck down in a day (and none of them come from alcohol). I'd guess I hit about 3,500 calories / day. It would be more but I really eat a lot of fruits and veggies and overall, they're pretty low-cal. If it weren't for peanut butter, I'd have almost no fat in my diet. As for how much do I do in a week...about 40 miles of running, 200 miles of riding and 3 hrs. on the weights.

Probably around 3000 a day. My diet is about 65% carbs 20% protein, and 15% fat. I need to cut back though, as I am not burning as much as I used too.

If you are hungry eat a little more, just try to go for something relatively healthy. I know when I kick it in I'm like a furnace. You gotta eat to maintain your energy level.