Hi all,

A year ago I used to run about 30 minutes every other day just for the sake of doing some exercise. It felt great.

Since I started working fulltime I just can't seem to find a proper schedule to run. I work from 9am till 7pm and it takes me an hour to get to my working place and another hour to get back home.

Since I wake up at 7am and I can't go to bed before 1am, running in the morning seems to be out of question.

What do you suggest? What would you do?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Hugo

Many people run during their lunch break. This might not be feasible though if you don't have quick access to a gym or place to shower. With a tight schedule though, I find the easiest time is always morning. It's a pain to get up early, but if you want any consistancy, I think this is the best route.

I have no chance whatsoever to run during lunch time.

If i'm not willing to wake up at 6am in order ot run, I could run on weekends, but I don't think that would be enough...

Hugo

Once you get in to a 'groove' it really becomes a time-management focus to get your running in. Let's say you plan on running for 40-minutes a morning. If you lay out your work items the night before and also your running stuff, you can get up at 645am, hit the bathroom, get dressed, lace up and be out the door at 7am. Be back in the door at 7:40, shower, dress, grab your b-fast in a bag and be commuting at 8am. It's feasible, I do it often. Or alternatively, you could find a fitness center near your job you could get the commute done first thing, hit the fitness place at 8am and be to work at 9am.

How about evening running? Can you run right after work at 7pm? There's nothing wrong with evening running, in fact, studies show it is better 'for your body' because you've had time during the day to loosen up and fuel up. Pehaps, again, you can find a place to run near work and get the run done once you leave the job and be commuting home at 8pm instead of 7pm.

If there's a will, there's a way. Many of us train at all hours of the day and night in places near work, home or elsewhere. Good luck.