I know this a borderline question, but just wondering for the sake of the new runners.

I was reading my book on sports nutrition last night, and it says to drink 8 oz of water an hour. minimum. So, I decide to do it.

Let me tell you. It's tough. I've been peeing all day. And I've still got to go home.

How much do you drink? Hydration techniques that you reccommend?

I don't drink nearly that much. If it's plain water, I drink maybe 8-16 oz a day. Any beverage, and it's probably around 64-96 oz of liquid a day.

since i got the new pink nalgene, about a liter a day. and i pee at least twice an hour.

I drink several 12 oz cups a day, and i spend a good portion of my workday walking to the restroom....and another good portion on Riff Raff.

I drink 1-2 quarts a day usually. Yes, I pee a lot.

Yes, I pee a lot.
Thank you, cheryl.

scientific research has shown that more than 60% of our body contains water. Water helps rid us of toxins and keeps us cool. When we run most of us will sweat. This means our body can lose over 50% of that water, so it's essential for us to top it up.

I myself am a student paramedic and would recommend at least 9-13 cups of water a day. If you run a lot then drink more towards 13 cups and less if you don't.

dehydration is a big thing and affects many people. Staying hydrated helps prevent heat stroke and keeps you healthy.

well that's all from me...

I am better at drinking water while I am at the office than at home.

I usually drink a gallon or so while at the office. I refill my container, after I come out of the bathroom.

3-4 liters a day, more if it's hot or I am running that day.

Now I feel like the Riff Raff camel. :umno:

i'd say i drink between 2 and 3 liters a day. i don't seem to be bothered by frequent bathroom breaks anymore. i really try to stop drinking after dinner so i don't have a middle of the night "gotta go" thingy happening all the time.

1-3 liters a day

probably a minimum of 10 cups of plain water a day usually 16 +

I drink about a gallon a day as well. I pee a lot too and sweat like a pig. :| When asked this question at the gym my general rule of thumb is at least half your body weight in ounces. Some people seem to need more, some less.

1-3 litres a day. Usually .5 - 1 litre on my run. When I used to do a lot of weight training I found I drank 2 litres alone in the hour that I worked out :umno: .

Usually 3 liters at least. I drink 1 liter in the vehicle going to and then from work. If I am going to run and it's hot outside, I try to drink another liter. Then after a run I drink at least 1 liter.
I sweat alot.