How much do you do?? Since it gets so hot here in the Summer and the only chance I really have to run is from work at lunch I was looking at cutting back my miles even more and throw in more indoor biking, rowing and even maybe weight lifting again.

Do you think just three 4 or 5 mile runs a week, 1 row of say 10K and a 30 minute bike ride plus some weight training would keep me fresh enough for the fall season while still being able to compete in 5ks??

My weight training would be more around taking my muscle mass and making it harder/toner without aiming to add bulk (I don't need to add more bulk to my body)

Thanks,
Eric

I've done quite a few cycles of going 4-runs and 2-rowing training days per week and had it go quite well.
Sounds like a plan.

Sounds good FB. Some weight training and core strengthening would be an asset to your running.

Your plan sounds good FB.

Good mix of stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Currently I am stuck in the I love to run to control my weight but I want to find the time to hit the weights to tone/cut my muscle mass to get the kind of physique I think I could have. Just hard to find the time to do it all and do real work.

I was able to mix running and weight lifting up pretty well. I always thought of lifting as my secondary exercise, but it was just as important