Do people hear use the cross trainer in the gym and if so, how does it compare to running, and do you use it instead of running some days or to supplement your running or just for gym days?

Does 10 mins on the cross trainer equate to ten mins running?

Elliptical?

I can't get into those. They really don't do it for me. Definitely not equal mile-per-mile to running.

I enjoy the rower and calorie/exertion-wise, it's mile-per-mile 'equivalent' to running though. When I'm feeling really wiped during some cycles of the year, I'll run 4-5 days a week and then row 2 days. That's a good regime for me.

If you're talking elliptical...I don't think it's an equal workout to running either. However, I've seen people got on/off those things broken out in a total sweat.

I use it when I'm having problems with my legs and knees (shin splints mainly) or after I've done a race.

Rowing has been something I've enjoyed as of late. I get a good workout there.

The Stepmill's really give me a good workout. I can step up those stairs for several miles. When finished, I'm wiped out.

Yes I agree with above posts.
we may get some problems, like leg pains and knee pains while running in the cross trainer. and also we can't breath fresh air in our home. While running in the out side like parks or some ware we can feel better and we can breath fresh air as well

I can slightly agree with the above discussions, now a days every one using cross trainer to become fit.

I believe..The most complimentary exercises for runners are cycling and swimming. These two sports are both non-weight-bearing activities, simply meaning that you are not using your entire body to support the full weight of your body, as you do with running.
Do you agree with me...

Cross training is indeed a great way to stay in shape, while letting your running muscles rest.

Most well planned running training programs will incorporate a mix of cross training along with a weekly mileage log.

There are a number of great options for cross training, including body resistance, weight training, outdoor cardio, and ab workouts.