I have a busy schedule but always find time for myself. I like to run but usually don’t have time for it. I go to the gym several times a week but that’s just about it. Will you help me to adjust my training plan to fit in a race?

Time is our most valuable asset and one should not waste it. I know what you mean. However you have to define your priorities first. What is the most important thing in your life? Your work, family, health, time off…Once you do that you will be able to adjust a few things in your life and sacrifice some things in order to get some others. As for the training and running, you can use running as a warm up for your gym workout. Or you can run after lifting weights to keep the blood running through your veins. Although it sounds incredible it can speed up your recovery from lifting weights. Provided that the race is not too intense. If you want to run longer distances or at higher speed I suggest you run on days that you are not working out in a gym.