I am about to start with cross country training for I have decided to participate a cross country running I think somewhere next year. So I need to hear what the cross country training basics are and how long it takes? I need to mention that I am not in perfect physical shape it is just that my friend and I have decided to have fun and so we plan on going on with cross country run but we figured out it is not that easy and as I was explained cross country training is the important part of making yourself able to do this?

Sure it is important, what have you thought? It is not just like you wake up one morning and say –good I am going on cross country run today. You should be aware that this is not joke for the cross country training demands a serious approach and it consists of 3 phases-everything with cross country training is gradually you first need to gain a good condition by regular cross country strength training by gradually increasing your mileage over few weeks sometimes it takes about 8 weeks and than you go to phase no.2 and it is called competition training where you should train up and down the hills for you now this down hills runs are the point where the runners lose the most time so in these phase you are about to learn how to deal with that and than you go to no.3 phase where you still have hard cross country training but it is now focused on speed with great attention on recovery after every workout repeat. That is where you will learn how to behave few days before cross country running starts-watch your meals, get rest and sleep this is very important if you want to achieve some results.