I just get out from a Tattoo Salon and I have this new, amazing ornament tattoo with a meaning. It is on my back and I just can't want to get home, to see it in the mirror. I am so happy and excited and I want this tattoo to be fresh forever lol :) even if I do know that this is not possible. But, there are so many things that I can do, right? Can you help me chose the proper care? How many times a day should you wash your new tattoo and how often apply ointment?

Hey, there is no need to exaggerate with it. I know that a lot of people actually think that they need to wash it constantly, whenever you are out of your toilet or before every meal like you are washing your hands, but there is no need for so many tattoo aftercare steps. Regular, you should wash it two times per day - in the morning when you are up and in the evening before you go to sleep. That is just fine and your tattoo will be just fine as well. Use some cream as well and there is no need for you to be worried about anything. 

Celebrity

Hi, I also do believe that washing your tattoo two times per day is just enough, but what happens in the case if you find yourself, for example, in the dust? For some reason? I think that you should wash it as well in that case, right?

What do you think?

And why it is not recommended to wash your tattoo more than two times per day, I mean, is there a reason for this? Can you damage your tattoo maybe in that case?

I am interested to know that since I am sure that antibacterial soap can't hurt you. 

A lot of people don't know much about it and they believe that they should constantly wash their new tattoo, which is totally wrong.

When it comes to washing a new tattoo, you should wash it every three or four hour in the first three days, no more. There is no need to wash a new tattoo like very 10 minutes or whenever you are washing your hands.

When it comes to a ointment, you should apply it in the morning and in the evening - which means twice per day for the first two days or three, the most.

Hey, there is no need to push it that hard, ok. I mean, it is just a tattoo, it is not like you have another part of your body that you need to take care of, if you understand me. Maybe it seems this too rough for you, but it will be ok. Wash it twice a day, put a cream twice a day and you will be just fine. You need to take care of it for a two weeks, until this ink becomes a part of your skin and when it does, there is no need for the creams, washing, etc. You will wash it on the daily basis, when you take a shower, etc, right? So, two times per day is just fine.

Hello there.

Let me became a part of this topic lol. Just follow the next steps in the first place. Wash your hands. Add soap on the wet tattoo area. Rinse. Dry it. Apply lotion in the end.

I disagree on that one - two times per day. It seems to me that you don't like a tattoos and that you don't have them, right?

Look, when you have a new tattoo, you should wash it more often - every two or three hours.

Also, you should moisturize it about every 6 hours for two weeks.

That will be just fine.

.

Hey, I have a tattoos and I love it. And I will have more of them. Every tattoo that I have on my body is a story on itself and it will be in the future. Also, I was taking care a good care of every tattoo that I have. I was always using an aquaphor to help it heal and it turns out amazingly. Also, it is true that you need to pay more attention on it more when it is fresh. I was washing it for every three hours and putting a Aquaphor on it every time and I did this for three weeks - just to be sure. After that, your tattoo aftercare is over :)

Apprentice
I think you describe very well how to take care about the new tatto that shows you have exepericed...