My quadriceps are really sore. I only stretch when i come to the end of my run. Should i be doing it more?

I pull my foot up to my butt and i feel a slight burn, hold it and then let go. But after a while they get really sore. Is this becuase i have just started running, or am i not doing it right?

My lower back is also sore. Could that be because i'm running on the sidewalk? Or maybe my shoes, but i got a new pair today.

My lower back still gets sore once and awhile. Especially when running on harder surfaces like outside. Sounds like beginners aches n pains maybe. Stretching is kinda touchy. You need to find what works best for you there. Glad you're out there though! :thumbsup:

i think aching quads go with muscle overload as in too much too soon. i still get aching quads, i'm expecting them tomorrow as i rode my bike up too many hills today. :umno:

i'm still going with massage before the stretch and after the run. helps remove the lactic acid which is, on a good day, why you're getting sore in the first place. a "sore muscle" burn is an ok sign, any other kind of soreness or aching can indicate injury and time for rehab.

The sore quads sound like new runner pains. They'll go away after your body gets used to running.

Sore lower back sounds more like bad/worn shoes.

I got new shoes. Aasics rave runners. No more sore backy makes me happy!

I stretched before my run, not too much, and warmed down with a little walk. My quads felt much better. Still a little sore, but way better.