k...I'm a competitive cyclist and I'm trying to add some running to my workout routine to speed up my weight loss (only a few pounds but enough to make a difference in performance), help aerobically (lung capacity and etc.), and to keep me in shape and stay active during the days that it's either too cold to be on the bike or I just don't have time for a long ride. Anyways, I don't have much running experience and I'm quickly noticing that the muscles you use during running can be MUCH different than biking and I'm just unbelievably sore (specifically my lower portion of quads and right above my ankles in the back of my legs). How do I deal with the soreness to I can keep with some kind of a running routine and so it doesn't affect my riding as well? Recommended stretches? I'm used to pain/soreness from cycling but I"m not used to feeling it so much in certain muscles. Etc...?

Just stretch yourself out in those areas a little extra than you would normally and take a cold bath when you get home from your running sessions. Other than that, just walk like John Wayne for a day or so after your running day. Your muscles will soon get used to the activity and I'm sure you'll see the benefits.

You know, when I first came here like... a year or so ago, it was booming. I dunno what happened to the place, it's reptty damn quiet now. :(

Welcome to the forums anyway!

Scott

I agree. Stretch more. You have to run through it. Once your muscles get used to it the pain will go away.