Alright.. I'm sure there are many of posts on here about leg pain. But I had a question too.

When you run aren't you supposed to feel it in your thighs more? Cause I feel it in my calves. Running level ground.

I walked 5 miles up and down hills while pushing a tandem stroller some of the trip. It felt great. I was sore the next day but I decided to start Couch25k that Monday, this was a Saturday. I had terrible shin splints that I was working through. Got new shows because I over Pronate. They made my leg pains worse. I couldn't get a decent stride in them either. Now my legs are about back to normal. In the first 2 minutes or so I have a little leg soreness in calves and shins but it totally disappears and I'm able to finish my day. I'm currently on week 4 day 1 of the program. But I feel most of the workout in my lower legs. Is that normal? Could it be because a few months ago I worked my thighs out a lot to a program? Could they be just stronger or am I maybe running weird?

Maybe I'm weird! But is it normal not to feel it a lot in your thighs on flat ground?

i feel it in my calves most of the time, when i do feel in it m thighs i am pushing it on a long run or going a little faster than race pace, new shoes would have alot to do with it also, sometimes takes a while to get use to them, try some running socks, the are thin and tight in certain areas of the foot

ty for answering! I might try going back to my Brooks once I get use to things. My legs are sore to start with in running and the next morning some. They aren't as bad as they as after I killed them the 5 miles.
I feel better that someone else feels it in the calves. Now I feel more "normal" lol. I can't wait till I can run a 5k!