My mum had a bad fall yesterday and now she has very strong pain. My friend thinks that she has a Femoral neck fracture. But I’m not sure that I know what are sings of Femoral neck fracture. So, can somebody tell me are there signs for Femoral neck fracture? Thanks!

As I know, severe pain occurs in the region of the hip, groin and thigh. Mostly it will be impossible to get up or walk, sometimes it’s not possible to move a leg either. Swelling and a purplish bruise develop because of blood leaking from the fracture. Your mother probably needs to see a doctor.

Hi there,
It is very strange that you mother suffered from this injury because these injuries are very rare and they are very uncommon. How old is your mother? I know that elderly people might have bigger chances of suffering from this condition than younger people. Now if your mother suffered from hard trauma there are chances that she might be having this problem. Do you know if she has any bone displacement? She will have a lot of pain if she has this condition and in some cases she will have fractures in her bone. I hope that this helped you and your mother in any way.

All the best,
Danella