i think i had implantation bleeding. but i wanted to know how long till i can test. or should i do a blood test instead?

Hey sweet heart.
First things first, I have to know all of this to be a midwife. It is part of my training! To take a pregancy test, there are two types:

1. being the first response pregnancy test, in which you can take up to five days before your period.

2. being the normal pregnancy test which you take one the 1st day of your (missed) period.

There so many brands like early detection , clearblue, Pregnancy. concept and first response.

Hope this helps you darlin'
ask your pharmicist.

Another thing is the doctor can do a pregnancy test, but normally it is to confirm afdter you have taken a home pregnancy test. It is quicker to take a home pregnancy test and cost effective.

love kee
xxxx

yeh i figured id take a pregnacny test i took one today it showed a negative.. but i dont know if i tested to early.. idk whens a godo time to test. how long does implantation take befor eyou can test.. i know the levels vary in women but whast a reasonable time? i bought ept pregnancy test..

If you already took a pregnancy test and it showed up negative, it is entirely possible for it to be a false negative because you tested too early. Early pregnancy tests are always less reliable. You can really only be sure from the first day of your expected period, if you miss it. 

About the implantation spotting, that sounds hopeful if you are trying to get pregnant, but you can't be sure it really was an implantation spotting until you miss your period. Have you had any other pregnancy signs so far, ones that can't be PMS signs too? Be on the lookout for nausea, frequent urination, mood swings, and fatigue. 

They do not base pregnancy tets on IMPLANTATION..They base them on your period, so you must take a test about 5 days before you should get a period.

If you are absolutely unsure about your period, you can start testing about 2 weeks after sex.

Well yeh but implantation has to happen in order for a test to come out positive. i mean i just came off birth control not too long ago (a lil over a month and a half) i know i ovulated and then came the spotting. i just dotn know what pregnancy test will be the quickest predictor.. some i know dont pick up small amounts of hcg.. do you know which ones would be good for me to test. im figuring my period should be sometime this week calucating that i ovulated on the 24th of july.. right

The quickest most accurate test would be a blood test, it tsts earlier than a urine test.

Blood tests do NOT test faster than Urine tests - a qualitative blood test is often calibrated at the SAME sensitivity as a urine test. Most doctors do not request a quantitative test just to see if you're pg or not.

i have to agree with that. i took home pregnancy test and they all came out positive, but when i went to my doctor for a blood test it came out negative and he told me that those 4 home pregnancy test that tested positive were "false positives" and that i really wasn't pregnant. Be come to find out i was!

:'( i'm so scared, i am only 15 years old, and i had sex while actuly on my periods, i wasn't bleeding at all (Not on the night) But now i'e stopped, and i dont know what to do at all, or even where to start. People are telling me different things, like you can't get pregnant while on your periods. And some say you can and have more of a chance, and i am so confused because i dont keep track of my periods at all and dont know where to start. I need help, thank you to all whose helped me and good luck in life xx

Yes You Can get pregnant on your period and i would just go take about 3 tests to be sure i just found out tonight my gf is a a month late and i olney had sex with her once she was a virgin and she hasnet had sex with anyone else and i need to no if shes a month late do u think she is bec im so scared and i checked the condon it wasent broke nore did any sperm escape so i dont see how it would be possible but anywas if someone could help me on the odds plz do bec im in flroida right now and shes in ky and shes to afraid to go get a test bec shes just 15 and i cant get her to just go take one so what are the odds thanks and another thing iono if i can find this site again so if someone would just email me i would be much in det _[removed]_ is my email thanks so much Tyler Thomas or add you can add me on mysapce and let me no i no this sounbds crazy but someone plz just helo me out on the odds plz myspace.com/tyler_adam_rockstar...bec i wont be home in ky for another 3 weeks and she wont take a test for nothing so this is killing me please someone helo me out thanks so much

my last period was on 26th september and october 28th i got a discharge which is in brown colour and it lasts for 3 days. i see it only when i wiped out. its not normal period. am tryn to conceive so i thought it was implantation bleding but when i test for pregnancy on 3rd of november i got a negative. and till today Nvember 6th i have'nt got my normal period. Could i be pregnant? is that negative is false result. Or when can i test again? please give some advise ?

The simple answer is THREE DAYS. I hate it when people reply to these questions with inaccurate or superfluous information. ARGH! The straightforward response is that a home pregnancy test will generally detect HCG levels about 3 days after implantation.

my last period was 10 september, I ovulated 23 september. Next period should be 7 october. Started bleeding today 29 September. Trying for baby. Its axactly 7 days, is it inplantation?

Please help

What happened? I had spotting a couple of days ago - one week before my period is due but the HPT was negative. Did you start your period? Find out you are pregnant?