I suffer from angina pectoris for couple of years now. I have had pain chest attacks from time t time, but now the happen more often. I wake up in the night, covered in sweat. Doctor said that they should check the situation in my coronary arteries and see if the operation is needed. How to check if I have clogged arteries?

There are several ways to determine the level of obstruction in those arteries, invasive and non invasive being the two most common ones. Invasive will show us how big is obstruction in 95% of the patients (angiography). There is no risk for the patients and helps a lot in determining the diagnose. And I think that is the procedure that will be done on you.

Hello clotilda851,

Since tiertza1805 has already given you info about your question I would just like to add that this procedure is not something you should be scared of. First of all you need to inform your doctor about this and he will send you to do the test which is called angiography. This is noninvasive procedure and although it is related to your heart you shouldn’t be worried about it and you need to avoid stress at all cost.

Even if the test shows that you have clogged arteries this is not big of a deal and it is common procedure this days. Your doctor will give you more info about it in case that you need it. Good luck.

thank you Geoffrey this is good info. Bronson