Hi Everyone! I'm new to the site and have a question regarding my knee. I run a few times a week, sometimes long runs. Anyhow, I get pains in my right knee sometime. I wear a knee brace so it's not as rough on my knee but i'm afraid i'm doing serious damage. I've had an mri done, and they found small little tears on the knee cap from the running. Nothing serious said the doc, but she doesn't want me running. Can I get some feed back on this? Is there something better I can do for my knee besides the brace?

thanks!

What I did that rid myself of a troubling left knee was to take fish oil, vitamin D3, and eat a low carb/ paleo diet.

I take 2000mgs of EPA/DHA from fish oil & 8000ius of D3 a day for a testing value between 60 to 70ng/ml. Once I began doing these 3 items, the sore knee problem disappeared. All are believed to have anti-inflamatory effects to them and figure that is why it helped me so much.

What ever you end up doing, good luck!

I think your problem will be solved using some essential oils which is an Ayurvedic treatment for any type of pains which is famous for natural treatments for any pains and problems...

This is an excellent post. I really appreciate the perspective on the nutrition factor, i've had similar pain before, and can link it to a poor diet at the time. Thanks for this!

If i were you I would see a physiotherapist about your runners knee. Doctors have this annoying habit of telling you to rest instead of advising you on a program of rehab.

..........................
Goals:
Sub 39min 10k
Sub 50min 2.5km swim
Running Blog - Running Jacket Reviews