My Mother (age:49) is diagnised with Bipolare syndrome. After 10 days hospital treatment she is fine now. But she still has the problem that she cannot sleep. Means she sleeps for very smaller duration and she wont be refreshed after the sleep. Now she is afraid to do any work. She tries to sleep whole day and night or just passes the time sitting in some corner of the house. In my house only my father and mother stays. Please help in how to behave with her. How to make her happy. what kind of environment we need to set up around her. Please help.

Your Mother is not fine. She is awake at night because of her mania and she is in the corner because of depression. Depending on how severe her condition is she will need attention from a professional for sometime. Medicine will only change the symptoms and "might' able her to function in the world. Trazadone helps people sleep at night. Lithium has been used for years to help with mood stablization combined with Zolof or other antidepression. Manic depression often becomes less severe with age. She might need a whole change in lifestyle, home life, work, people she mixes with. Not an easy thing to handle for any of us. We all have to find out own way.

Tell her you love her and that she will be ok.

Insist she gets medical attention without delay.

I have a son who is 8yrs old and has been diagnosed with ADHD.
He has had difficulties similar to those described here - getting in trouble, having problems controlling his impulses. I finally decided to put him on medication hoping to enable him to succeed at school. He is an “A” student, but lacks friends due to his immaturity. I hope to find a copy of this book to help me with my son. He really is a sweet, obedient and faithful boy . . . others just have a harder time seeing that.