Hello. I have a cat for two months now. She is really cute, and I got that cat as a gift from my boyfriend for my graduation day. She is healthy, she eats enough, I really take a good care of her. But, in the last three days, I am having some problems with her. She is really sad, she is always in some corner of my home and she doesn’t want to play with me anymore. It is my first pet and I don’t have so many experience with this. I bought some toys for her, but she is refusing to play with me.

Hey. First of all, did you visit the vet? Maybe your cat is sick and you haven’t noticed this. If you did, and she is not sick, there are several ways how to cheer your cat up. 

You need to play with your cat every day. If you missed one day, that could be the problem. Cats are antisocial, and they need a lot of attention. Also, you should get some toys for her that your cat will enjoy. Maybe she doesn’t like those toys that you already have. Keep your pet active. If this is not helpful, maybe you should consider finding a friend for her, maybe some other cat.

Who knows!

There are several ways to cheer her up. Cats are funny animals, it’s hard to understand them sometimes. 

First of all, tell me are we talking about a cat that is living in the apartment only, or you take her out regularly? 

Cats that don’t go out, often get bored and then they seem a bit depressed. You need to amuse her. Play with her. Find a place in the house and build her her own little nest. Cats love to be tucked away on a high position and to observe everything that is happening.  Try it, maybe it will work. 

That idea about the nest is great.  Cats really love to watch.

Maybe you should try to wake up her natural instincts. Make her to catch a plastic mouse. Attach the mouse to a rope and then run through your apartment, see if she will get up and run for it. :)

Build her some stairs, and try to make her to climb them. You can place some treat at the end of the stairs. That will make her to concentrate and it will motivate her to get up and be active. It will certainly cheer her up. Let me know if it helped.

Kitty depression. Unfortunately I am familiar with that. I even think it is a pretty common thing especially in cats that are held home, in the apartment, without the ability to go out.
You will need to try hard to make her overcome that depression.
The main thing that you will need to do is to give her as much attention as you can. Even if she doesn’t seem interested at the beginning.
Buy her some new toys, make her hunt that plastic mouse rubylock mentioned. :) Hunting is her natural activity and it will probably help. Good luck with her!

Hello.

Although other members gave great advice about cheering up your cat, you need to be absolutely positive that she's suffering from depression. 

Seek professional opinion or observe your kitty in the next few days. If she shows some of the following signs: sleeps more than usual, often hides under the bed, stops grooming herself, or stops using liter box, it is highly likely that she is suffering from depression.

In that case, you need to start paying more attention to your pet. Find some time for grooming, petting and talking to her and you will see results in no time. 

Greetings!

Hello. My cat always had this depression attitude. Later, I found out that I should not keep her in my flat only. I mean, she was in my garden, but since some kids attacked her I was skeptical about letting her out. Big mistake! I was screaming because she was urinating everywhere, and she was driving me crazy. That was other mistake. Your cat needs her own peace, loud noises will scare her as well, and she will be depressed. You should walk with her every day. There are a lot of reasons why your cat can be depressed, it is hard to tell which one is right, but never let your cat home alone whole day. She is like a child. You need to play with her daily! 

Hello. My mother is having a Persian cat for a while, and she went through the exactly same situation. When she was very young, I think that she had like 7 months, she just didn’t wanted to play with anyone. She was always in her corner, she was not eating so well. My mom tried a lot of different ways to cheer her up, but nothing – except one thing. She bought a rubber rat for her, and she was happy. She was playing with the toy all the time. When that happened again, her cat had three years, and she bought another cat. She was very social and she wanted to play. Maybe this is happening with your cat!