Just wondering outta all the bi polar relationships ere that have broken up, whats the longest break up duration.So farI'm 5 months.Still in contact when we meet up but besides that nothing.

Hi...well I can only offer you a perspective from the mind and heart of a bipolar girl,me. I have dealt w this issue for years. And the only thing I can offer is take her to a doctor if she isnt seeing one asap. She needs medication this isnt a self control deficit she needs help keeping her emotions in check. Ive put my relationships thru hell and more and its hard on the partner. Does she see a doc  

Thanks usedtobe.She says she sees a psychiatrist alright but I dunno how often.Its just that we never really had the opportunity to disguss this illness properly and if she comes back to me we are gonna have to tackle it this time.Though sadly I think after five months I doubt shes gonna come back.The longest break up I've heard of is 3 months and most breaks are only a couple of weeks although my last break up was 3 months.

Jim, I am bipolar and I will tell you this move on if its been now 5 months and still nothing. Its time let her go be there for her as a friend and as the saying goes if its meant to be it will be. has she started to see someone else?

It isn't easy know with her really Sweetchrissy.There could be anything going on in her head for all I know.We met up as part of a group thing that we're involved in and anytime we see eachother I just salute her and acknowledge her just to let her know I'm still talking to her but amazingly for an ex she seems to come up to me and wanna talk and we get on pretty well.Most exs tend to want to distance themselves from you but she is a kinda different.Well she knows well that I am a great friend to her but if this is gonna start again she is gonna have to make the effort and ask me out and then both of us are gonna have to tackle the issue together otherwise I am gonna move on.I already am moving on in a way I suppose.I'm getting out having fun with other people socially and meeting lots of other women though I still amnt ready to get emotionally involved with another woman.As you say only time will tell that.I dont know of her meeting someone else.If she does though I just hope that they will understand for her like I do.

We're broken up four times this year Chrissy just to give you more of an idea of what it feels like for me.Confusion etc.Often wondering did this person ever really love me.Was she in a hypomanic state the whole time when she seemed happy with me or was she being genuine and was it the illness that put all these ideas into her head about breaking up.

I dated a guy with my worst episodes for over a year then we split like to say i got an apt and he got to keep they house we shared but we changed nothing else but living together by continuing to see daily stay together more than stay apart and we saw some changes but not epiphany moments of realizing that i was bipolar and it was hard to deal with. After the next year of he and off and on dating exclusively eachother i and he began to spend time as single separated ex'c I moved on and he swore he loved me. Just as i was. He knew me better than anyone and loved" my messy bipolar bound to hit sometimes havoc" that came with me. I date a guy after he and i spent a few months apart,after short time it wasnt gonna happen w new guy. And after sometime and yes he andi saw one another between the other failure i had w a guy, we went the same he was totally about getting back together,,,I wasnt though,

we never did and I am @yrs into my current relationship w a man Im struggling to save and see thru some hard times, one of them being his bipolar gf ME. And the old guy from the begining has swore thru all these years and the guys i have dated between the breakup, he has confessed love and acceptance for my as i am...but im not drawn tohim w what i once felt now and for him its been hard. He hasnt dated in over three years,not course he is not gonna get lucky. but because he swears he love for me will show after long suffering for my return. Its a killer thing for me to feel because he is true of heart and may be one of few men who could love bipolar and depressed and angry and crying and crazed and mad and cyclically loving gf that i am as i suffered worst unmedicated,.. new guy is trying to get an understanding some of the disorder but its not been his greatest subject of study still...maybe its nothing to him but understanding bipolars cycleys is a big aid in loving one with it.

ya know hun, bipolar disorder has coined a phrase"the great pretenders" due to our ability to fake our thru anything just long enough that no one notices so when its safe we can suffer inside our home usually hurting those we love as we suffer thru cycles of up and downs w anger depression rage and worst a guilt. In our house we fall apart not in public so our loved one see us undone as they also suffer w us enduring the hurt stress and the sadness the bipolar cycle has for all involved. It takes someone special to love someone like us...trust me it really does.