I’ve had my total thyroidectomy surgery done six months ago due to biopsy finding thyroid cancer cells in one of the nodules. My oncologist first said I’d probably have to go through radioactive iodine treatment as well, but it later turned out that my thyroid cancer cells would be most likely resistant to this. The problem I’m having now is working with my (second) endocrinologist in finding the right dosage of levothyroxine (I’m on Synthroid). I didn’t get a decent night’s sleep in months, and I’m not even sure anymore if i'm hypothyroid or hyper - only too exhausted. My endo is keeping me at 175mcg now and promises he’ll vary the dosage, but I just don’t know what the problem is.

Too much thyroid hormone can affect your sleep. You are on too high a dose. Reduce the dosage reduce dosage to 125 mcg. and retest levels. your TSH may be too low.