I would like to improve my backstroke. I am just not sure how to do it. My friends are full of advices of their own but I don’t know who I should listen to. I used to be good at breast stroke but this is completely different stroke. Can you help me making faster backstroke?

There are many ways to improve your backstroke. Here are just few tips. First it is best to look straight up at the ceiling or sky as far back as possible. When your arm is under water you should push as hard as you can and kick with your legs at water level. Make sure that your legs don’t sink. Otherwise your hips and back will sink too. That way you will be swimming your backstroke at a slant, instead of horizontally, thus creating more drag and resistance on your body! It is very important that you tilt your chin back, and keep the head back. This will enable your hips to rise and so will your feet. This is the easiest way to relieve as much drag and resistance as possible.