I’m just an average guy in the run and I don’t really know whether I’m doing it right. While I run in the park I see lots of people exercising and I always feel like I’m not doing something properly because they seem to be much faster tan me. I’m trying as hard as possible to improve my speed, but it won’t work. Do you have a few words of consolation for me?

Hello buddy! Don’t get upset over such unimportant things. Since you’re a recreational runner, you should only take care whether you feel good while running. If you are, and if you feel that this activity has some good effects on you, you can continue with it and don’t pay much attention to how other people progress and function. Forcing yourself can only make you feel bad and you putting so much pressure can lead to quitting this activity. Just follow your rhythm and don’t let the speed which is not the one you maybe expected discourage you. In my opinion it will improve over the course of time and you shouldn’t be worried about that. The most important thing is to enjoy what you do.