Hello! I’m not too talented for swimming but I like what it can to your body and that’s the main reason I started training it. At the moment I’m practicing breaststroke and I can’t say I’m doing it very well. I always lose too much time on the turn and I always reach the finish last. Can you tell me how to improve breaststroke turn?

Breaststroke turn is one of the most important parts of this stroke. If you don’t do the turn well and fast, you will finish the race among the last ones, that’s for sure. There are 4 segments of the turn: approach, turn itself, push off and underwater pull-down. You should work on each of the segments individually and after you’ve mastered each, do the turn integrally. The most important thing, in my opinion, is to hit the wall of the pool forcefully and those seconds mean winning or losing the race. Many people just pull into the wall and that’s why their results are so bad. Learning breaststroke is a fundamental thing if you want to proceed to other disciplines.