Can you tell me how to get better on hills? I’ve been trying hard to improve my performance and efficiency but it’s apparently all in vain. Is there a way to get better? What are the most important aspects of hill cycling and what are the things that I have to pay attention? Do you think I should first train only on the road for a while?

One of the most important aspects of hill cycling is physical strength. If you’re weak and if your muscles aren’t well built, you may have problems with it. So, my suggestion would be that you first go to a gym and work on your body and make it stronger. Running can also increase the volume of your lungs and you should start exercising two or three times a week. The same goes for swimming, and both these activities will improve your cycling on hills. It also might not be a bad idea to first improve your road cycling and after you’ve done that, you can easily switch to hills. It’s not that difficult as it may seem.