Me and my friends had a discussion the other day. We couldn’t agree on which stroke is hardest. I would say butterfly, followed by freestyle and backstroke. Breaststroke is the easiest to me. My boyfriend finds freestyle to be the easiest and breast stroke the hardest. My sister thinks that butterfly is the easiest (!) and backstroke the hardest. Which stroke do you think is the hardest?

It all depends on your body style, how you learn, and where your strength in your body is. I see some students learning the freestyle quickly while having a hard time with their breast stroke. Some others think the butterfly is easiest and back stroke the hardest. As for me, being the competitive swimmer, I find the back stroke and the butterfly the easiest. My wife on the other hand votes for the breaststroke as the easiest. A lot of people swim this way with their heads above water. Although this way is not technically correct, it doesn't matter (unless you are in some competition, of course). If you keep your head out of the water, you can really relax. At the same and you see what you are swimming towards and you can talk. Backstroke is also relaxing, but you can't see where you are going. Whichever swimming style you choose, enjoy it! Swimming is a truly wonderful and it makes you feel so good.