I heard of those Heart Rate Zones. Supposedly you have to keep your heart in certain zone to achieve results. I want to improve my speed and endurance. I don’t know what techniques based on heart rate are. Could you explain to me what does it mean and should I pay attention to it?

Heart Rate Zone is the type of training that relies on your heart rate as a guidline for the specific details of training. You have max heart rate, aerobic threshold and anaerobic threshold. Your workouts are being designed according to your heart rate based on your current level of fitness and your specific objectives. First, you have aerobic threshold. This is a level of effort where you start to breathe deeply. Novice athletes should stick to this level at the beginning. Next there is an anaerobic threshold, a maximal speed, at which, you can sustain your work. If you try to go any harder soon you will have to stop or ease up. Only very experienced and hard working athletes in very good form can train at this level. Third and the hardest is your max heart rate and this should never be approached.