i am going on a school field trip and we are going swimming but i also have my period what should i do if i get my period when we are swimmingÉ I am scared everyone at the pool will make fun of me for having my period

People use tampons all the time and still can go swimming. Get yourself one and you should be fine.

hi its alright dont be scared something simular depended to me last year i was going to a guide camp for 3 days with all my friends at guides and we were told we were doing raft building which you build a raft and go in the water with it and i thought i was going to get my period so took tampons but it ended up it stopped the day before :) but my friend ended up starting hers in the morning of the 2nd day and had to use some of my pads and a tampon for when we went raft building and she didnt leak at all and it was her first time using one too !! i have never went in water in public when on my period but if i had to i would use a tampon ask ur mom or dad if you can or go to a local store and use a self pay thing if ur embarassed and hun no one will make fun of you if you wear a tampon and a dark coloured swin suit ( in case you leak ) and no one will know your on ur period unless you leak or you tell them you have your period and if you find tampon uncomfurtable dont put it in in till just afew mins before you go swimming and if your scared about leaking ask to go to the toilet and change ur tampon when your there and some people say your period stops in water because if the constant rush of water going up your vagina but as soon as you get out of the water blood will come out right away cos its been build up so i think to should wear to tampon but if you cant get some make sure you wear a dark colour swim suit and as soon as you get out the water run to the changing rooms and if anyone ask why you ran so fast you could say a wasp was chasing you if your outside or your cold and act confident and no one will notice and i bet you want be the only girl on the trip with her period why dont you talk to your friends and if your really worried at the time and do have your period and its really heavy you took say your tummy was sore and you couldnt possiable swim !! or you felt faint and dont want to sink in the pool or your legs sore and you could even get your mum or dad to write a note to your teacher so u dont have to lie to them and still take tampons and dark coloured swim suit incase you decide to go good luck babe and im sure your not the only girl in your class whos scared to get their period when swimming !!! HAVE FUN

Hey that's normal, every woman gone through that stage. That's a sign of being an adult, don't be ashamed surely you're not  the only experienced such incident.  

hey, never feel imbarased ab ur periods its not a big deel after a few years of having it. Once i was at a water park with my family and the night before i had to go to the bathroom and i saw that i had my period and i had to get my mom to go down to the front dest at the hotel to get me some tampons and it was my first time useing them. it was so imbarassing but u have to do what u have to do. just a tip make sure that u get the most obsorbant ones or ur gonna have to put one in more frequently than the more exorbant ones. and i dont think u want to wast ur time in the bathroom.