today is thursday and my friend yesterday invited my to a water park and i said yes and now today i just got on my period!my period are about 5-7 days long. Now usually the first 2 or 3 days are the heaviest and the rest are light. but i've never really tried a tampond but im kinda scared to use one. but i want to know if theres a way to get rid of my period faster? please tell me if there is. one of my friends has said that if you use the restroom alot and go pee and drink alot of water then it'll go away faster..is that true??

Hi Stephanie: Can you imagine if drinking water stopped your period!!!!? OMG the joy of billions of women around the world!!!! XD :-P :-D ;-) Just kidding with you hon! The answer is NO on that, either peeing or drinking water will not make your period stop sooner.

Unfortunately being a woman, means you will ALWAYS get your period when you don't want it!! Your Wedding Day, While on Holidays, Or going to the water park! It's like the planets are lined wrong or something cosmic like that!!! ;-) 8-| Women who have their periods and want to go swimming don't really have much of an option hon! Since you are nervous about using a tampon, the only thing I can sugest is getting a tampon for teenagers, they are smaller and less likely to hurt you or break your hymen. Even though a period is going to be with you for years and years, it doesn't mean it has to stop you from enjoying life! So take some time looking at the different tampons, - there are MANY of them to choose from. Ask your mom or other woman in your life to help you. Even the pharmacist will know too. You can also phone one of the tampon companies help lines. Follow the instructions and you will be fine and be able to join your friends at the pool!!! Good luck and fun hun!!!

when i went to california and i hated using tampons and i wanted to go to the beach but we got there tuesday and we went on like a saturday or sunday when it should usually go away but i texted cha cha to ask how i can get it lighter and they said to just drink a lot of water so i drank a lot of water and it helped it get lighter. so if you want it to get lighter just drink a lot of water.

ya i don't know about that! maybe it just got lighter on its own and so you thought it was because of the water. i don't know....maybe water can make it lighter, there are a lot of natural remedies for lots of things.

But i have a question about tampons too...

well last year we went camping and go to the beach everyday but for two of the days i had my period so i just opted out of the swimming part! well this year were going again, and i don't want it to ruin my fun! my mom bought me tampax pearl light ones to try because their smaller she said, but i've been to scared to try them...But are you sure the tampon doesn't come out of you when your swimming!? like will it not absorb with the water and slide out? %-) or like absorb with the water and so it will be to full to absorb your period? and is it dumb to use a mirror when putting it in, to see where it goes?

sorry for the dumb questions!

NOT dumb at all! What happens with a tampon is this! You have your Vagina n It's just like a tube, so thus the tampon having the same shape! Inside the applicator is a VERY tight cotton and absorbant insert that is compacted into the holder! So when you push the insert up into your vagina, as soon as any liquid touches it it opens up - just like an umbrella like this \/! Start trying now so you can realize when to change - when you are at the beginning if you need to change every 3 hours etc. Try to imagine or do this - you have a sink filled with water, you put a pop bottle straight down in it, not at an angle just straight down, no water will go in it! This is the same with your vagina, the ONLY way to get anything in there is by putting something in there! The reason this is the way it is, is because the vagina has a layer of lubrication, and this is to keep foregin objects out! SO if you think about having a bath or swimming, this means that IF the vagina was not set up the way it is, ALL that water would be able to get in there and cause a LOT of problems! So water does NOT get into your vagina OK? Start with teenager tampons - these are smaller and more comfortable! Still the same coverage - because YOU are smaller so thus the same coverage! Give them a try!

I guarantee you it will be VERY hard to hold a mirror and put your tampon in! ALL tampons come with instructions - they give several ways about inserting them, as some are easier for people then others! When I was a young girl I had accidents left right and centre! It was DEVESTATING so a good GUY friend of mine, actually said "It's time for you to start using tampons!" I was shocked, BUT My mom thought they were for "dirty girls" So My friends mom bought me my first tampons, told me what to do and I used them for several months before I told my mom that I was in such a BAD way that ALL the people knew in school about my problem and others had to help me before my own mom did! So your mom is doing the right thing by you honey! IT looks terrifying but it's not, they go in the size of a finger, you don't feel anything really! So ENJOY the summer honey! I don't want you to be how I was for years sitting on the side of the pool with ALL of my friends splashing around them ALL knowing it was my "time of the month" So even though a period is NOT that great, it shouldn't stop you from being a WOMAN and enjoying life OK?

Okay!! Thanks!! that makes some sense, i was too embarrassed to ask mom that.

i feel like an idoit! all my friends use tampons like its nothing, but i'm too chicken too, i've never put anything up there before so i'm scared too, but i want to use them. i hate pads!!! i leak too :$ i hate that you can't just do what you want or sit and lay the way you want too, so annoying!

i've already been sitting on the side for years and cancelled things with my friends because of it, and my mom keeps asking me if i've tried it yet and i keep telling her no, so told me to stop being a baby and get over it...so maybe i'll try one today if i get the courage too

but thanks for explaining that! :-D

So you wanna hear my embarrassing story?

Well today i decided to try a tampon, my family went out for a bit so i thought it would be a good time lol, well i read everything over like a millions times!! and your right, you can't hold a mirror and do that :$ well i finally just did it after like 30minutes, and you were right again that it didn't hurt going in and you don't really feel anything. But now heres stupid me!! well i started freaking out because i thought i was kind of getting dizzy (which i get really dizzy sometimes anyway) so i thought i had that disease thing you can get from it so i like took it out after it was in my for like 10-20 minutes and boy was that a bad move!!!!! it hurt soooo bad my eyes were tearing as i took it out!! i literally thought i ruined my insides, my mom laughed at me so hard when i told her that :$ XD she said if it wasn't full enough that it would hurt coming out because it was so dry, wish someone would have told me that before i did that!!! 8-| so now i'm scared of them!! great...

OK! PLEASE tell me you are on your period!!? 8-| ;-) I would have told you IF I thought you were going to remove it after 10 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!! It wont hurt going back in, and what you are talking about is women that have left their tampons in for over 8 hours and the blood went bad! That's TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME! You had ITSS - Inserting Tampon Shock Syndrome!!! So DONT worry OK! This is why thee are SO many types of tampons - thicker for heavy flow and then it goes down and down, till you just need a pantlyiner!

Okay i'm dumb, but i'm not that dumb, yes i'm on my period XD

I didn't know :$ 8-| so then how long do i wait before even trying to take it out!? cuz that really hurt!! and your sure it won't hurt going in again, or out!!? and i thought it was from the tampons, not the blood going bad, they don't tell you that on the paper thing. well i used a light tampon, you said theres teenagers ones? what brand is that and whats it called?

and then why was i dizzy!? and i never told my mom this part but my knees went purple after too, for like hours! %-)

You said you get dizzy often, so your spell will be from your worry about the tampon! The TSS is from SUPER absorbancy tampons that have been left in too long! Most of the time, you might have spotting, I think it says every 3 or 4 hours at the beginning of your period! That's why I wanted you to try it now, so ypou get to know your body and what she needs - as far as when to change your feminie hygeine products! The dry fibers, didn't do damage to the vaginal wall, just irritated it! Remember the vagina is set up for a 7lb baby! And it taks a LOT more than tampon fibers to damage it OK?

thanks!

do you think you can answer this too 8-| :$ someone did but i didn't really find it helpful and they won't answer me back

https://www.steadyhealth.com/How_do_you_know_if_you_have_a_yeast_infection__13_and_not_sure___t234379.html

It is uncommon for young girls to get yeast infection, it can be irritation, pre - menstrual dicharge, ovulation etc. When you become a woman it is VERY common to start having more and more discharges - some with no odor, some with a little. A STRONG odor means that there is an infection! You have already talked to your mom about tampons honey, she will definitely know what to do regarding IF it is a yeast infection or not! I doubt it! I think the best thing is to see what date this was on and then when you get your periods - if it is around 14 days after - THIS is ovulation! IF you have been eating a lot of sugar or feeling run down it could be thrush (yeast infection) or it is just normal vaginal lubrication! When you saw your vaginal opening did it look irritated and red? And is the discharge lumpy - kind of like cottage cheese!

okay well i started my period when i was 12...and i get discharge, but its normally not like this at all, so thats why i was wondering that, cuz i never had it like this before. but i got my period 2 days ago for this month.

um..it was a little red and kind of inbetween the lips too %-) its kind of hard to tell right now because i'm on my period but it was thick and white, like before it was just white, and then it got thicker and thicker...but it is itchy.

normally i don't really talk to my mom, she more talks to me and i get embarrassed...and this is gross!

Yeah that sounds like a yeast infection! When you period is over, you need to ask your mom to get a 7 days Monistat or Canesteen etc, these come with suppositories - as big as a pencil so don't worry about that OK? Then there is a cream that you put on your outer area! Cut down on sugar, pop, bread, white sugars - as these are like food for the yest! Plus do you like yogurt? If so get the probiotic yogurt - with Acidopholus! This helps attack the yeast! RU feeling rundown or stressed lately? this can add to your factors of getting yeast buildup! I know you embarrassed, but believe me honey - as a mother - you just want your kids to ask questions, instead of getting information from the internet! 8-| ;-) XD

Finally!!! thank you!!

all i wanted to know was if i had it and how to fix it, and you finally answered that! i did not want to have to see a doctor!! so now i can go to bed! :-D

so i have to wait two more days? and more sticking stuff up there 8-| i like yogurt, activia is probiotic right? i don't know about the acidopholus %-) and i don't know, i get dizzy and sometimes tired, like after school i will take a nap.

okay...i will leave a note for her to find in the morning then 8-|