hey. i just got my period yesterday. i baught a pack of U tampons by Kotex...
i know how to insert them and i know how to remove them... but this is very emberrasing and weird...
i get vagina farts... is this normal? when i used pads i got it too but i didnt think that i was going to get the same thing
with tampons. its so weird. and i dont feel the tampon inside me but i do get some pressure in my pelvic area. is that also normal?
and should i use a greater absorbtion? i use Super tampons... should i use super plus? because i have to change every 2 hours... and it leaks a tiny bit.

Vaginal "farts" are normal, its just air.

The pressure part I never experienced, but I've also never used super plus so it could just be because the tampon is bigger so a tighter fit. But it could also be because its not inserted properly.

When you used pads, what absorbency did you use? And how often did you have to change your pad? And did you leak with a pad also? I can't really say if you need a bigger absorbency tampon, I myself don't recommend that, but that's just me. Again it could leak if it wasn't inserted properly, but when you remove it is it full? I would wear a pantyliner while wearing a tampon for when it leaks. You could try going to a higher absorbency and see if that helps, you could also try switching brands to see what one works for you best. Its a tough one when you first start out, getting the hang of it and finding out what works best for you. But hope I was somewhat helpful. Good Luck!

As far as the vaginal "farts" are concerned, that is caused by air getting trapped in your vagina, and since (thankfully) there's nowhere else for the air to go, it comes back out, sometimes loudly. it's perfectly normal, from what I saw once on TV (I think on Dr. Oz).

When you have inserted a tampon correctly, you shouldn't feel its presence at all, including any kind of pressure in your pelvis. I don't know how old you are, but normally when starting out with tampons I would recommend you starting with a junior size tampon, a big mirror so you can look at yourself and see what you're doing, and plenty of time so you can be relaxed while you're inserting the tampon. But since you've already tried the supers and say they only last about 2 hours, it's hard to say. It's possible that you're getting some leaking due to the tampon being inserted wrong, or it could be that you just have a very heavy period and could try super plus. But if the problem isn't from putting the tampon in wrong, you might want to see your gynecologist just to make sure everything is ok, 'cause 2 hours is not long between tampon changes.

If you can afford it, try a couple of different brands of tampons and see if one works better than another. I've found Tampax to be very uncomfortable (mainly because they get longer when they've been in for a while and they start feeling like they're coming out) and I like Playtex the best, but I'm sure there are women who find the opposite to be true. There are a lot of brands out there, so hopefully you'll find something that works well. I've always had heavy periods, so I use super plus for the first few days and then switch to super. I also use a pantyliner during the day and a regular pad at night in case the tampon leaks (which it almost always does at night). Anyway, good luck to you!

Look, using tampons is not that hard. But, I am glad that girls who are new at using tampons ask some questions about this. It is not some philosophy, but of course that there is a technique of using it. First, you should definitely wash your hands with water and soap, because you don't want any type of bacteria to attack you, right?

After you did this, you should sit, lie down or take some other position that is comfortable.

Open your labia and gently push tampon in it. It might be a good idea to use a mirror while you are doing this, just to see what is the procedure.

I am not using tampons at all so I hope that i have described this good for you. 

well umm the absorbancy i used was overnight pads, i used always infinity overnight and i changed ever 4 hours... i didnt need to but i just did. When I removed the tampon yes it was full... top to bottom and a little on the string, and i guess i might have to use something a little bigger.

and thank you guys for your replies. :-) it really helped.

I just started too, and its funny because I use the same brands as you. The vagina farts are normal, it's just because there's air trapped inside...And for your tampons, at the beggining I felt a pressure too, maybe it's because you don't insert it in a confortable way for you. There's different way to insert it. For example, I feel a pression if I insert it with one leg on the tub and the other on the ground, so I preffer just open my legs and insert it while sitting on the toilet, but it depends how you are made, so try different "position", maybe you'll dind one that suits you. And sometimes, I have to change my Super Plus tampon each two hours because it gets full too (usually its on my second and third days), I found that it depends on the heat and the humidity, and it's not the same each time you get your periods too. Some people lost more blood than others. But if you have to go to a place where there's no bathroom for a long time, I recommend you to wear a Super Plus and a pad so if your tampon gets full, it won't stain your panties! And dont worry, you're not alone! I wore nightpad yesterday at night, and I woke up at 5am (5hours after I went to sleep) and there was blood stains everywhere (even on my bed sheets!!!!!) !! Nice, huh? Sometimes I wonder why I'm a girl!! ;)

omg....sorry I didnt see the date you posted this!!! sorry Im like super late