Well Ive been running for two years now, competeing for my school.My frist cross country try was a diasater, and I dident do track that year.But last summer I started to train befor the cross country sesion.I did just about 4 miles each day.Then when the cross country season came around, I owned just about every one on my team, execpt for a few.But somthing odd would happe at the races, I couldent run as fast as I could at practice, people that wernt even coming close to beating at pratice were beating me at the races.And now track season is comming up.Right now Ive been running four miles a day.I really dont know if this is a good season training, so could some one help me?Also could some one help over come the high pressure about the races?
Pleaze and thank you.
:wiggle: BeN :wiggle:

Right now I can run 4 miles in around half hour.Hope that helps

Ohh yes, another tid bit of info.I have nice form and every thing.And I am capabil of running 6 min miles.

Sounds like you made some great improvements in one year's time. Kudos to you!

A couple things I always recommend to people making their own running schedules. One is to incorporate the weekly "long run". This is a chance for you to really push the envelope and develop better stamina. Pick whatever day of the week works best for you, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, however you fit it in.

The second concept that is key to training for distance running is the concept of breaking-down and building-up. All athletes use this as the cornerstone to training. What that means is training harder one day and then training easier the next, then repeat, repeat and repeat. Running 4-miles a day will lead to a plateau, which I suspect is where you're at. By pushing it further, every other day, you get the "hard" day in and then reeling it back down the following day is the "easy" day.

I've long preached the same scheduling philosophy, but it works and it's simple. Let's take your typical week now, probably 24-miles (4-milers times 6-days). Using my "formula" of 3/1/2/1/2/1, we'll divide that in to dailies of 7.2-miles, 2.4-miles, 4.8-miles, 2.4-miles, 4.8-miles & 2.4-miles. So rather than 4-miles every day, you mix up the mileage as I've outlined. This schedule accomplished the two biggie tenants of distance running, getting the long run and the hard/easy rotation.

Now as you get in to the groove of those daily mileages and want to bump up your weekly miles, go ahead and re-figure the dailies based on the 3/1/2/1/2/1. So if you get through a couple weeks at the 24-miles per week and feel ready to crank it up a notch, then add about 10%, say you go to a 26-mi week, then the dailies are 7.8/2.6/5.2/2.6/5.2/2.6. See, it's pretty simplistic, but believe you me, it works.

If you really want to take the cross-country season by storm, what I'd recommend is over the summer, keep bumping up the miles every other week or so and get yourself well beyond the 30's per week and even in to the 40's.

Good luck and keep logged in here and let us know how the track season progresses! :D

Hey thanks for all the info.I think it really helped clear things up.
So today Ill be going further.