Hi everyone,

I didn't know that I was suffering from anxiety. Actually, I am still not quite sure about it but I did search a bit around the internet and the internet told me that these might be the symptoms of anxiety.

So basically, I have decreased appetite, fatigue, muscle weakness and my hands are often shaking. I am also nervous most of the time but I never really thought that I am suffering from anxiety.

I don't know what do I really want to ask you. I guess I want to know if this is really anxiety, although a part of me is kind of sure that it is.

I don't know Guest, you are the one that should be aware of your symptoms and figure out if you are suffering from anxiety or not. The symptoms that you mentioned above are definitely the symptoms of anxiety, there's no question about that, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean that you are suffering from anxiety. It would be a good move if you would go to talk to your doctor so that he can redirect you to talk to a psychologist. This person should be capable of determining whether or not are you suffering from anxiety and if you are, he can help you treat it.

Some people have a strong feeling that they are suffering from anxiety, they know that they are suffering from anxiety but they don't want to admit it to themselves. I think that you are one of these people, Guest.

These are all the symptoms of anxiety, that is right. If you are uncertain about having anxiety, you should do as Gaia suggested you to do and go and talk to your doctor. He will give you further instructions regarding determining whether or not are you suffering from anxiety. But if you ask me, you should be more focused on finding out how to treat it.

I know that you are right, ObiWan, a jedi is always right. :)

I can't make peace with the fact that I am suffering from anxiety because it isn't a fact yet. I am always going to doubt this unless I hear it from a doctor so I have decided to go and talk to my doctor. I already got an appointment on Wednesday next week so I will see how it goes. I kind of already know what he is going to tell me or suggest me regarding what you guys wrote here, but I want to hear it from him.

Good for you, that is a great first move. Even if you happen to be suffering from anxiety, your doctor will give you directions regarding what to do next. 

When it comes to treating anxiety, the most important part is to not give up. If you think that the things you are doing in order to fight your anxiety are not working, don't give up, most people just conclude that there is no help and that they can't overcome this and this is the point at which they just stop trying. Just don't give up and you will overcome this, I can guarantee it.

I had all of these symptoms as well, but I already knew that I was suffering from anxiety back then so I made peace with it. I actually did not think that I was ever going to overcome anxiety, my girlfriend was the one that kept me going, to be honest with you. I wasn't very nice to her during this period but she still stayed around and helped me to overcome this, I owe her so much. Now we are 4 years together already and I am going to propose to her on New Year's Eve, wish me luck. :)

Hey there. Every of those symptoms are classical signs of anxiety and I think that you should make an appointment with your doctor, letting him know what is going on with you. After this, he will be able to tell you do you really suffer from anxiety or not. That is the only way to find out. Like I told you, those are signs of anxiety but it doesn't mean that this is 100 percent sure. That is why I always recommend people to visit someone who is an expert for mental illness because that is the only way to find out what is causing this in your case. Good luck.

Hi!

Anxiety can cause hand tremor. In the past that was something that was driving me crazy, sometimes this still happens to me but nothing that serious like before. I believe that you are dealing with anxiety as well because it would be really weird that those symptoms are caused by some other disease. When I had more problems with it than now, I remember that my fingers were shaking sometimes as well and I sometimes have twitches in my hands/fingers, legs, and face. So, this is definitely caused by muscle tensions as well. But go and see what your doctor can tell you. 

Yep! Definitely anxiety! But let's see. Do you use any kind of medications or do you seek for any treatment for the anxiety (if you are dealing with it, of course)? What I do know is that my anxiety gets worse depending on what's happening around me or directly with me, but it's always there even when the rest of the world seems "calm." Whenever I have some issues, my hands start to shake, I don't want to eat and I feel muscle  wakens. I am not using any kind of medications about this at the moment, because I believe that I have learned how to control it a little bit. 

Guys, it doesn't necessarily means that this is caused by anxiety. It can be, of course, but not necessarily. But here is one advice for you before you visit your doctor. For muscle twitches, next time try a good quality magnesium because it is known as amazing helper for your muscles. Also, you can get this at your health food store. If you don't know that much about supplements, someone is going to help you about this. Magnesium can also help you to eat a little bit more. Anyway, nothing that won't harm you if you do it without consulting your doctor, but you should.

I don't know why do people choose to make conclusions on their own when the odds of being right are always against them. Just go to talk to your doctor and he will know what you should do next, I mean, he studied for so many years to become what he is and you think that you can make a conclusion just like that? Oh come on, don't be so scared and lazy, go and talk to your doctor and he will tell you if are really suffering from anxiety or not. If yes, he will tell you what to do next and that's it.