Guys, I am in a huge pain. You probably have noticed that I am not so active here, even if I want to. But my current problems won't allow me to be here. I am stressed and I really don't know what to do. 

I had really painful chest tightness a couple of days ago so I went to see my doctor. We did ECG and he told me that there is nothing wrong with my heart. He asked me do I have any other health issues and I told him about my anxiety. He told me that is the answer to my problems.

Really? So, how to overcome chest tightness caused by anxiety or at least ease the pain?

The exact same thing was happening to me and I used antidepressants to treat it. I assumed, like, since anxiety is causing this, if I ease my anxiety with antidepressants (I am against medications by the way), then this chest tightness might disappear and I was right, I mean, of course I was right. Even if you don't use medications or anything else to ease your pain, I think that it will go away on its own after some time, at least that is what I heard. I don't know, if I were you, I would try using antidepressants, trust me.

Hey two of you. 

There are several natural ways that you can try, for example you should really try to get your breathing under control. You can do it by taking slower breaths and not trying to "over-breathe" by taking breaths that are too deep. This is something that requires a practice but I am sure that you will learn it and overcome it as well.

Also, if nothing of those natural methods won't help you, than you should talk seriously with your doctor and tell him everything. 

Anyway, maybe antidepressants are not that good idea in your case...

Ugliest feeling ever, I would like to add if I may! 

Unfortunately, chest pain and anxiety are really good friends. I am against antidepressants, and generally I have to agree with mrs Sick and Tired about those natural ways, such as breathing technique. 

This breathing exercise that mrs Sick and Tired is talking about, along with controlled contraction, hold, and release of separate muscle group is really powerful and it have truly been a saver for a lot of people who had problems with this.

You should take a little of your time and try to learn properly. 

It helps, trust me. 

I am having the same problem as Rafferty and I've already tried to fix it with breathing and it did not help me. I mean, how could you possibly fix this by breathing in a special way, my normal, regular breathing is just fine. I am also kind of against medications and I do not want to use antidepressants but I don't know what to do anymore. I had such a strong chest pain a few nights ago, I was so scared about my life that I went to emergency and they told me that there's nothing wrong with me, how nice.

Just use antidepressants if you can't bare with these symptoms. These are some more or less common symptoms and nothing you can do could help you much about this but I think that antidepressants will be able to help you because if you ease your anxiety, your symptoms are not going to be strong or they might completely disappear. Sure there are some bad sides of antidepressants but in your case they will do you more good than bad, you can give it a try and if you don't like it, you can always just stop using them and that's it.

I am glad now that I do know that anxiety pain is not a heart attack, like I believed when it happened for the first time. 

Also, when it comes to breathing, nothing! It didn't help me at all. First when this happened to me, I started with long, deep breathing and nothing. Than I found a good tutorial how to learn to breath properly and I did. And again, nothing.

So, I also give up from it because it doesn't make any effect. Any homemade drink, pills or something similar that can help me?

I can see that there are too many people who have problems with it...

Hello everyone. Deep breathing is just something that we really need to learn because it is going to help us in a lot of situations. My suggestion for you is to find the best possible relaxation technique, and I am sure that you really do know the best what relaxes you. When I had problems as you are having now, this chest pain was something the worst ever! It felt so bad that I wanted to grab me for my own chest and do something about it. I just can't describe it, but I am sure that you do know how I feel. Anyway, I discovered that this pain in my case was caused by the stress. Stress that I had at my work, with my family, with my kids. So, that is basically it. You really need to find a way to reduce  stress and to worry less about certain issues in your life.