I was diagnosed with impetago two days ago. I had developed a red rash all around my mouth. It was so ugly that I felt like vomiting every time I would see myself in a mirror. A dermatologist prescribed biaxin to me. I was wondering if there was anything else I should need to know about this disease and if there were any treatment I could perform alone at home to make the recovery fast. Thank you

Although rash and infection sometimes go away on its own, I reckon you should go with your antibiotic treatment all the way. You could also clean your rash and sores with antibacterial soap and water and avoid picking and scratching. Also, make sure not to come in contact with other people, because your infection is contagious. Keep your towel to yourself. If you experience any other strange symptoms, you should report them immediately to your dermatologist because kidney inflammation is a possible impetigo complication.

DONT WRAP IT! Don't cover it with band aids or anything. i had it on my leg, and urgent care wrapped it and gave me the wrong kind of anti biotics and it got worse. you will get steroid cream, some kind of anti biotic that weakens your immune system, and another pill. takes two weeks to heal