A rash has developed due to a razor cut near my scrotum. Is it something to worry about? Should seek medical assistance for a cream?

Hi! It happens to me all the time, it is the same for men and women and may also happen on your face or under the armpit as well as the groin area, which is the moistest. This is called pseudofolliculitis barbae or razor rash.
When we shave, there is always some hair left in the follicle. When it starts growing again, it could curve before it gets out on the surface because there is nothing to keep it straight. These ingrown hairs cause lumps and may become infected from bacteria from the skin and cause the rash. Bacteria may not be present but when they are, the lumps are easily spread just by touching or even masturbating and having your hands all over the place. Other things that make the hairs curl is that this area is always closed and there is always some friction from the cloths that may not let the hair get out. If you shave I reckon it is better to wear boxers.
You could go see a dermatologist for antibacterial cream to make the infection go away sooner but it always goes away anyway.
Next time you shave, don’t pull your skin when you do so, shave in the direction hairs grow, apply gels on the skin before you or just stop shaving. I ma just not sure if your girlfriend would like it! hehe

Thank you. I visited the dermatologist , and they gave me some cream.