Hello. I'm 24 old male and I have some very important questions. About four weeks ago I have noticed some very strange skin symptoms and I was very scared when I spotted them! The first changes were on my face and on my left leg and they had shape of some big, herpes-like, vesicles. You can't imagine how frightened I was when I contacted my dermatologist over this but he was pretty calm and told me that this could be some condition called impetigo and that I should apply some mild creams on it. Can someone tell me more about impetigo treatment?

Well, I believe that your dermatologist was right and that we really do talk about impetigo.
Impetigo isn’t anything you should be so worried about because it is simple and very common streptococcal or staphylococcal infection of the skin.
I don’t know a lot about possible treatment of impetigo beside the fact that some dermatologist also prescribe some not so usual but some very good and expensive antibiotic local creams usually with Gentamycin or Erythromycin in it. It is recommended also, beside local topical creams, drinking Amoxicillin for some days.