Hi, my kid has sores on his nose and mouth and have been diagnosed with impetigo. I tried some bactroban on his nostrills, and I keep him of the sun (sun heat multiplies the bacteria), but with no result. I know that I have to keep his skin clean and I use an antibacterial face wash. A dermatologist has also prescribed him Fucidin, an antibiotic cream and his condition is improved, but the problem is, I have two kids and fear that my other boy will catch impetigo from his brother. Is it possible?

Hi, my kid also had impetigo, it`s the most common skin infection among kids. It usually affects them in preschool and school-age, especially in the summer time (because of the heat from the sun). Impetigo is contagious and, if those sores are itching, they could be spread by scratching on your other kid. If he`s scratching his nose or mouth and then touching the other parts of his body, or his brother... anyone in contact with infected skin, or items like clothing and towels, is in danger of catching impetigo. Cover the areas infected with impetigo with gauze and tape, or a loose plastic bandage, like I did. Also, if the infection got spread on the other areas of his body, your kid will probably get some antibiotic pills or liquid from his doctor.