Hi! I have developed something really strange all around my nose and on the upper lip. These blister look like they have some sort of fluid in them and as if they are going to burst. Everything looks really yucky and I can’t even stand to look at it. Above all it itches like crazy and even though I try to restrain myself from scratching I don’t manage to do so. I talked on the phone with my sister and she told me that these are either cold sores or impetigo. How should I know? What can I use to get rid of it?

Hi there! Cold sores and impetigo are two different thing, sores caused by herpes virus and impetigo by bacteria. Although, impetigo usually develops among children, it sounds more like it is your case. Cold sores are red blisters and they weep clear liquid and impetigo usually weeps honey-colored fluid. My advice to you would be that you go and visit a doctor to make sure what it is and there fore get a proper treatment. If you thought this is a bacterial infection and treated with antibiotics and it turns out you had a viral infection, then all the treatment would be in vain.