Hi, folks. It seems that I have a foliculitis that comes around from time to time. My physician says that I probably have chronic foliculitis and that I should visit a dermatologist. I will do that, although I haven’t much free time. I would like to know how to treat it. It will mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Hi, there. Chronic folliculitis is usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus. It colonizes nasal cavity and gets disseminated from there. The antibiotic is prescribed and used for at least 14 days. Antibiotic is determined by the results from an antibiogram. Also, antibiotic ointment is put into nostrils and perianal skin for a month. Skin should be cleansed for a month with a proper cleansing lotion. If the blood iron level is low, it should be fixed. You should hesitate from nose picking and skin scratching. It is the easiest way to disseminate the infection. I hope I’ve helped.