So ive been snorting oxys on and off for almost like two years now and I just recently went outpatient and stopped cold turkey because i didnt go to a recommended detox and would've gotten kicked out if i continued to do it. The psych there just prescribed me 2mg suboxone because i told her that i have alot of dreams about relapsing and wanting to use but i've been like 7 days clean. I would've been further along but i couldn't find any oxy and was miserable from withdrawals so I did like half a bundle of dope and havent touched anything since. Obviously im still mentally attached to getting high but I'm wondering if taking the subs is just going to f me over because i love pills and have a hard time not popping/snorting unecessary scripts. Anyone have advice on if I should take the subs? Im suppose to take 1-2 2mg a day for 20 days.....idk what to do .

Hi! My name is Heather and I have been addicted to opiates now for 14 years. I started out with vicodin and within ten years wound up on oxys and then methadone and got off of that and now I am on suboxone. I have been on it for one year now and it's a miracle drug. I don't get high, no cravings, and the opiate that is in the suboxone does not get me high, although I will say it gives me a mild head high. I feel great on it and I think that its a wonder drug like I said. I think I will have to be on it for the rest of my life but I know I will die if I continue on with my abuse of the other c**p. I have on 24 mg daily and I do have to take xanax along with it to counteract a lot of the hyper feeling or the anxious feeling I achieve when I take it. I will say that I do make a choice to quit taking it so I can use but that is not happening alot ... it is subsiding. I just dont like the way I feel when I use and I know if I listen to my doc and take it as directed and stick with it that I can live a great life. GIVE it a CHANCE and I guarantee if you stick with it you will be glad. Unfortunately we have a COMPULSION and it never goes away but you can learn to handle it and I would suggest sticking with the suboxone. If you decide you want to use, do it and get it overwith. You will be sick and tired of being sick and tired when that time comes, just don't hurt yourself in the process. You never know will happen next time you use....could be your last time, and without meaning to we overdose and some of us dont get the opportunity to come back from an overdose! STICK WITH IT. YOU ARE WORTH IT....YOU CAN DO IT! I also wanted to suggest going wayyyyyyy up on your dose. That's a tiny does. Hang in there okay. You can email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
anytime if you would like to chat on a more personal level. I know I may have rambled on but I hope I can help. Just trust your doc and this will work for you if you want it to. And you will save tons of money and not have to wake up with a hangover everyday wondering how you are going to get your next fix....that takes so much time and effort!! Save yourself...you are so worth it and dont let this disease kick your ass, it's doing jumping jacks and pull ups and crunches in your brain just waiting to get you. You can win.

I have been clean for a little over 3 years now, all thanks to Suboxone. It is absolutely amazing. It is nt a replacement drug like methadone, it is an opiate blocker. What it does is fill up the opiate receptors in your brain completely eliminating withdrawal symptoms and almost kills your cravings completely. The beauty of it is that unlike methadone, it doesn't get you high. It also prevents your brain from absorbing any opiates, so even if you do slip and try to get high, you don't feel a thing. Also, you really can't abuse suboxone, and takin more than you need is a waste and has no effects. Once your receptors are full, there is nowhere for the suboxone to go but out of your system. It is an absolute miracle, and saved my life. I was addicted to opiates for years, and finally have my life back. Also, you get your prescription at the pharmacy, and do not have to go daily to get dosed, like methadone. It also has a very long half life, meaning it stays in your system for over 24 hours, so you only take your dose once a day. Also, in order to get high, you would have to stop taking the suboxone and wait for it to be completely out of your system (about 2 days) before you would feel any opiates. Basically, you would have to be sick to get high. If you know what opiate withdrawal feels like, it is so not worth it to make yourself sick just to get high, especially since you feel like a normal human being with suboxone. If you have any questions let me know, I've been there!! Good luck, and congrats on your recovery!