Hi all,
I've been on suboxone since around Sept and have had at least 2-3 relapses, with the last one being a few days ago. I take my first 2mg dose in the am, and then when I was at work, used narcotics. And, I did feel a slight high. Then I skipped my second dose. I'm back on my sub but how can I prevent this from happening? I thought the sub was keeping me from ruining myself and stopping the cravings but I guess not! Does that mean, the doc may have to increase my sub dose if I'm still getting a "high" from using narcotics? Also, how damaging is this to my liver? Please advise..
An addict in desperate need of advice...

I just relapsed and took 2 - 15mg roxies. I only got slightly "high" and wish I had not taken them. I have been on suboxone for 2 weeks and 2 days and am currently taking 8 mg a day. I am afraid to take my sub tomorrow cause I don't want precipitated withdrawal. How long should I wait to take it?

I took suboxone with opiates a few times because i was in really rough shape too and just wanted the high. I took about 2mg in the morning and then would blow about 120mg of OC at night. What was happening was that I was not taking enough suboxone to block out that much OC. Can you tell me how much opiates you do? This would help with the correct dosage of suboxone you would need to block out the physical high and most of the mental cravings. 2mg is definitely too low. With that said be really careful about using suboxone as a maintenance drug, the withdrawals can be worse than opiates, they were for me because they were much longer. IF your cravings are really so bad u cant control yourself you need to up the suboxone dose. But seriously do that for as little time as possible then detox off the suboxone. Everyday you are on this stuff it will get harder to stop.
Good luck. Find your strength, you have it you just need to use it.