I think that my boyfriend is suffering from claustrophobia. I have noticed that couple of times in various situations. Like in elevator for example. He avoids them as much as possible and when he must come in one of them he is sweating and looking scared. He is not telling me anything, we are together just for three weeks, but I like him very much and I would like to understand him. So, can you tell me how and what do you feel when the attack of claustrophobia starts?

It is very hard for us guys to admit that we are scarred. If you want to talk about that with him maybe it would be better to wait him to start the subject. I am sure that he will tell you. Anyway I am claustrophobic too, I can tell you how it feels. Your heart start to pound, you feel like you dont have enough air to breathe, you feel like you are trapped and you feel that you are loosing control. Of course you feel anxiety, sweating and sometimes muscle shaking.