Hi. I am a 28 years old woman and I was thinking of loosing an extra pound or two. The thing is, diets don't work on me that much, because I have slow metabolism. When I see a guy jogging, I think - what an id**t. Well that id**t is sure smarter than me. Tell me how do you guys make yourself go running?

I don't know, really. I just put some music on and the thing just starts by itself. It is really much easy if you have something that is preoccupying you, you know? Plus, a look in the mirror is a great stimulant too. I must loose weight because I am fat. I know it isn't self-confidant, but at least it gets me running!

I can't make myself go running in the winter time. I use this time to go to the gym but as soon as the nice weather starts, I put on my running shoes and I am off!!!

Can't wait for the spring time :-)

Anyway, I usually bring my MP3 player and some of my fave music to get me going as for making myself go running - I don't know - I just do as I love running, you need to have it in you.

If you think that people who run are idiots then you are hardly unlikely to ever start running. Maybe you should think of another form of exercise. Weight lifting is excellent for burning fat and building muscle, so why not try that instead of running?

I like to look nice in my clothes so I use that as my motivation. XD

I used to want to be a marine, so when I go running I repeat their mantra in my head "Pain is the weakness leaving the body". Right now I'm just starting, because I want to be healthier than I am now, so the thought that I do want this also helps. Last but not least, music. Music is good.

Well, are you trying to loose weight? Or look good?
If you are running, you will more than likely gain muscle weight, which weighs more than fat.
(But what gets you motivated....Is music, and the fact that you want to "loose weight"

Start from this year, I make it a point to start to go to gym every morning before heading to work, and I start to run for 5 to 10 minutes at the beginning and slowly move up to 20 minutes now.

You just have to make it as a lifestyle:)

I usually get motivated just by the adrenaline rush of running and feeling good. Get the iPod going with some good up tempo music that will enable you to push yourself farther. I also prefer to run in urban areas versus in the middle of no where. I am a college student so I usually run around campus when its nice out and on the indoor track when the weather is bad. It helps motivate myself when others see me running; for some reason it just gives me a good feeling being in good shape with a nice tan and showing it off.

Determination and desire to shape up. I do it for my girlfriend though. Don't think, just do it. Just step out of your house with your track shoes and god knows, 10 minutes later, you are running. :-D

I jog while listening to music. These gives me energy and motivation. Jogging and running alone can be boring, have a buddy whom you can share with.