Hi All,

I've been having symptoms in my mouth for the past two/three months that have not been getting any better. I've been to several doctors and the ones that have been taking me seriously cannot help because it's not their specialty and the ones that can possibly help me have not been taking me seriously and tell me I should see a psychologist, which is so frustrating.

I have the following symptoms:

-White/transparent coating in inner lining of cheeks, can not be seen in some lights. associated with itching and irritation
-I feel like there is an extra layer of tissue in my mouth
-Numbness underneath the tongue associated with dicoloration of the tissue that is white and yellow
-Shinny plastic looking coating underneath my tongue
-White coating over taste buds
-My tongue is sensitive to everything especially to spicy and salty foods. When I'm not eating my tongue is tingling and sometimes numb feeling.
-One wart appeared on my lips and was removed, but is slightly growing back, but the doctors are totally disregaurding it as being from my HPV infection...it's so weird.

Just because a doctor doesn't see the things I see doesn't mean there isn't anything there. My whole life has been miserable because of this.

I am in desperate need of help and in need of a doctor that is willing to listen to me.

Does anyone know any doctors that specialize in Oral HPV?

Thanks,

chicago girl

I have had the exact same experiences with doctors. They look at you for 5 minutes and completely discount your years of 24/7 observations. They absolutely refuse to believe anything a patient tells them if they don't see obvious classical symptoms. You should get the HPV vaccine even though there is not much info on it curing HPV

I have similar symptoms and more.

It started with some serious allergy problem... then come red eyes... and then red eyes + tingling sensation in tongue and mouthe areas... and then red eys + coating on tongue + inside of cheeks + sores all over lips, tounge + breathing problem.. when laying down... Everytime it happens, it started with a sudden fever.

3 doctors and 4 specialists at Kaiser have no clue what happened... I have this at shrinking intervals of 2 months, 1 months 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week... over 11 months period. At the time I thought I was about to die, I got my house tested for toxic mold....

They gave me antibotics for infections, gout-like pills for auto-imune inflammation... nothing helped.

Turned out the rain water leak (continously over 2 rainny season) in the wall give growth to numerious colony of toxic mold in the wall and corner under the carpet (totally invisible to me). Mold toxin intoxication is totally different from Mold spores allery (I tested negative for mold allergy). Kaiser does not have any toxicologist, and since the field is still under research, it's safe for them to brush off the cause. Why risk their reputation in something no other collegues believe in?

I moved, got better, and gained all the loss weight back...

If you suspect house allergent, and if your house has a history of leakage, never hurt to hire someone to test for black mold.

good luck to you,
HT.

I have the same exact symptoms and my life is miserable as well.

I've been to several doctors too.

Where did you go for help?

I've been to a dentist,oral surgeon, ENT, and dermatologist and next week I'm going to a periodontist.

If you come back to read this I hope we can help each other out through this because I feel alone in this.

You may have an oral yeast infection, which is causing these problems. Any time there's a change in pH in your body, your good bacteria is off balance and therefore can't fight off the "bad" bacteria. If you were on antibiotics at any time, that may have contributed to the problems. Try oral probiotic lozenges (Super 5 Lozenge Probiotic by Udo's' Choice is a good one). If you were prescribed antibiotics recently, call that physician that prescribed them for you and tell him/her you have a yeast infection. They can call the pharmacy a prescription for Diflucan.
I know this because I was recently experiencing the same issues you are; white coated tongue, the feeling of an extra layer on the tongue, etc.
Also, in addition to the oral probiotic lozenges, be sure to take a probiotic supplement as well. This will help with supporting the "good" bacteria in your body.
Good luck!

It sounds like the first question should be could your troubles be HPV? Have you had oral sex within a few weeks of the mouth complications?

Hi, I have the same problems I had oral sex(cunnilingus) 4 months ago, but problems started 2 months after the exposure. I had not very noticable but itchy rashes over my body, and all your symptoms like coated tongue, something yellow under my tongue. 2 red lines on both sides of throat,going down, having ulcers 5,6, but one after another, and two herpes for 2 months, one on palate was diagnosed st.aureus, two snail tracks along my inside cheeks(for 2 months,but getting better slowly),headache,very dry skin on hands, and feet and as one of you it started by flu symptoms- dry couph, sore throat, chills but no mucus and 37C degrees for short),headache!
Later I had blood tests - and I had low cholesterol(could be cancer symptom), and low blood pressure110/70.

Did any of you had imroved and being correctly diagnosed?

I started getting the symptoms within 48 hrs of having made a really bad choice in sexual partners. The first symptoms began in my penis and genital area, and also in my mouth. Penis, tongue, and mouth started burning and stinging. Genital area felt cold and clamy Then it moved from the genital area up to the kidneys, then to the liver, up and onward to the bottom of my lungs and slowly upward to the top of my lungs and then behind my Adams Apple for an incredibly sore throat. My lungs burned like they were on fire! All of my mucus membranes were affected. My eyes and urethra were beet red and burning. My tongue got a white/grey/yellow color, burned like heck and the roof of my mouth felt like it was going to ignite on fire. It then traveled up into my head and stuck there, with the pressure feeling like it was going to explode! It also traveled down my arms and legs and got stuck in my palms and soles of my feet. They burned and stung and it was unbearable. That was the first 2 weeks and it's now been well over three months. Kaiser doctors can't see any of this, nor will they admit that I have anything. They look at the beet red color and tell me that it is normal. Yeah, right! My blood pressure has sky rocketed and I'm ready for a heart attack at any moment. I honestly feel like I am going to die. No matter what amount of water I drink, it is not enough and elimination of urine and bowel movements is not normal at all. It's like I have a furnace inside me that evaporates all of the moisture in my body. I can barely sleep and wake up sweating. 3 hrs is a good nights sleep now. I actually went down to the church and requested the Sacrament of the Last Rites. I have gone to a Chinese acupuncturist/herbal medicine doctor who has been able to relieve some of the symptoms, but relief is only a couple of days, and not that much relief, but better than nothing. I wish someone knew what I and some sort of cure. Anyone out there having these same symptoms and at the same time having you doctors thinking that you're crazy?

I'm a dental hygienist and some of the things you are explaining sound like other things. Regarding your tongue being sensitive to spicy and salty foods and also the white coating sounds like you may have benign migratory glossitis. Very common and benign. I believe you need to see a good DDS and/or an ENT. They can diagnose and biopsy anything they are concerned with.

Yea no this is bad no fun and it makes me misrable they think I'm crazy as well. It's not stopped spreading in my mouth and throught. I've been to all the docs named above and Yup they say I'm crazy as well.but yup. This sucks bad

Did any one  finally found the reason of teh white tongue ?

im in the same boat. im almost positive it is hpv warts.

HI everyone..

I also have had weird sensation in the mouth for the last 2 months. I developed teeth indentations along the side of my tongue as well as a few lumps on the side. My tongue burns on and off throughout the day. Usually it is only on the right side. I've also had my cheek feel numb at times and lips burn too. I've seen an internist, a dermatologist and an ENT. One doctor said it might be a yeast infection and prescribed something for it but that is not the case. Does anyone know what this could be? My next stop is an oral surgeon. Is it possible to have HPV? Does one always have to have oral sex to have HPV? I heard it can be from sharing cigarettes, drinks, as well as kissing too.

Illinois woman

You need to go see an Oral Pathologist.  Oral Pathologists specialize in diseases of the mouth and tongue.  I am going to see one soon myself regarding a small white spot on the side of my tongue that is very tender and just won't go away like a canker sore, which is what it looks like. 

Good luck

Hi, I have same symptom with my tongue; did anyone manage to find a reason or a cure?

Thanks