Hi, I am diagnosed with cervical HPV a week ago. A doctor told me that it’s related to dysplasic cells of the cervix. Is there anybody else with this condition?

I have cervical HPV. I was sent to do a pap screening, and the results were abnormal. 3 of 4 women who have Human Papilloma Virus will have abnormal pap results sooner or later. Pap helps in detection of dysplasia, and dysplasia is often related to HPV. That’s how this connection is made. A doctor told me that a treatment is usually a cone biopsy. I’m not sure how this works, but I had a biopsy when I was younger, and I remember it was very unpleasant and hurt. The thing that scares me most is that HPV causes cancer in many cases. I recommend all the women with cervical HPV to go regularly on gynecological exams, to know on time if something goes wrong. Good luck!