Hello! I need to hear from someone what cervical carcinoma in situ prevalence means. My colposcopy exam saw last week that I have cervical dysplasia and I went diagnosed with cervical carcinoma in situ. So could someone explain me all this? Thx.

Hi there? I was once diagnosed with cervical dysplasia actually with CIS- carcinoma in situ but I got rid of it by leep procedure that probably will be advised to you, also. Don’t worry over it, it isn’t a big deal. CIS by the definition is an early form of carcinoma characterized by the absence of invasion of surrounding areas. And that’s the reason for many doctors don’t consider CIS as “cancer” for it hasn’t spread over a larger area. But if CIS stayed untreated it may develop in invasive carcinoma commonly known as cancer. But nowdays there’re various forms of procedures that treat abnormal areas in which manner they remove abnormal cells so they don’t have a chance to become a “tumor” or a “cancer”. And for the prevalence rate CIS is most likely to appear in those patients who are HPV positive, or use oral contraceptive or a diaphgram. I was one with diaphgram.