It hurts when I swallow on one side at the base of my neck. I've been to the doctors and they have said I've got a bit of a virus......... I've had it for over a month now and getting concerned. I went back and was given anti acids for three weeks. I was told "if it doesn't get better it won't do you any harm"!?! I said it definitely wasn't that sort of feeling but ended up having to say "well, you're the doctor" which didn't go down too well! (I would have thought three weeks would have been better spent waiting for an exploratory at the hospital).
I also do backing singing in a band, so originally I thought it could be nodules or something.
I do still have a bit of catarrh, but not much really.......... so basically I'm starting to worry it might be cancer of some sort :-(

Has anyone got any ideas?

Chris

Did you ever find out what was causing your symptoms? I have had the same symptoms for almost 4 months now.

Ive been coughing for a week or two now, and sometimes my throut hurts but all of a sudden, the same thing happened to me today, everyitme i swallow , the base of my neck hurts! its like a weird pain for a second and then its gone.

what is it?

Strep Throat.
I've had it for a few days now.
Hurts like a dinosaur doesn't it?o.O
Cold medicine and flu medicine cools it down a bit
but I can't make anything permanent.

I just went to my dentist for 2 new crowns both on the same side upper right. I started having pains on my right side of the base of my neck. Its so strange when I swallow it hurts on the back of my neck on the right side ALOT. I had pains meds and muscle relaxors left over from a previous surgery over a month ago so thats what I have been taking for the pain. Its so strange I put ice packs on my neck everynight..I cant sleep.
Does anyone know why my neck would hurt so bad and give me bad headaches?? Will it go away??

A friend just had this too ... it is the weirdest feeling,  kind of like feeling the same feeling from strept throat when you swallow, but it's felt in the back of the neck at the base of the skull and either side of the spine.  There ARE glandulars back there, so why can't those glands become swollen, similiar to the front glands? Maybe search for a doctor that's knowledgeable on the glandular system or the lymphatics.  Sometimes the lymphatic channels can become clogged, and it may be as simple as a lymphatic massage, and icing for the swelling.  But certainly double check into all this.  By all means, if a doctor says they don't know, ask for a referral, or find another medical professional that knows more in this circumstance.  A doctor tossing an rx for antacid your way, ask them to explain how heartburn could hurt the back of your neck, and if nothing else maybe you'll get a good laugh.  Afterall, is the saying ... laughter is good medicine.  hahaha.  Who knows, maybe we could all learn something, how heartburn effects the neck? Meanwhile, wellness to you :)

Hi have this this problem but darnt go to a doctor

Did you ever get an answer Chris? I have the same pain and am worried!