Hi everyone. I have had pain in the right side of my throat and my right gland. The pain radiates into the right side of my neck down to my collarbone. It also radiates into my right ear. It hurts to swallow and sometimes I get sharp pains in my throat. I do have a canker soar on my uvula ( punching bag) but it seems to be getting better. Sometimes I have to stop talking mid sentence because I get sharp pains in all of the spots I previously mentioned and then I gag. Is this happening to anyone else? I went to the doctor and they "diagnosed" me with tonsillitis and prescribed me prednisone and penicillin. I have had no change in pain or a feeling of getting better since being on the drugs. Can anyone help me? What is happening to me? Help!

hi, ou dont say how long you have been on antibiotics, but sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for them to start taking effect. it is also important to follow the instructions on your prescriptions so that you are taking the antibiotics at regular intervals. it is also important to finish taking your tablets until the course finishes, even if you start to feel better. tonsillitis is horrible and can make you feel really run down. try to take things easy, drink lots of fluids and try and get as much rrest as you can. if your symptoms worsen then it may be best to go back to your doctor. hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the reply. I have been on the antibiotics for 5 days now taking them every 4 hours with a "meal". (Whatever I can swallow) I more concerned with the fact that I think I have a gluten allergy however my blood test came back negative but I'm wondering if pain in my gland/neck/throat/ear is connected to that. I've heard that your thyroid can be connected to gluten intolerance. I hope I'm not having that problem. I've had tonsillitis before and I've never experienced this type of pain. Sometimes my chin gets tingly too. Thanks for your help.