When I swallow I feel something like a small object in throat on the right side. When I feel the outside of my throat all feels normal, but when I place my finger down my throat past the tongue on the right side, I feel a bony piece of what feels like cartilage poking upwards. When I do the same on the opposite side all I feel is soft tissue. There is no pain at all when I touch it or when I swallow. Just the sensation of something in throat, as if a piece of cartilage has popped out of place slightly. I am able to eat and drink without any difficulty whatsoever. I had a CT scan of the neck done in April of this year and all was negative, and the Otolaryingist said he saw nothing in April when he put a scope down my nose to take a look. Any suggestions?

I have the exact same issue down in the right side of my throat. My right tonsil is out too and it looks like it's pushed out from behind it, but I can feel something rough deeper inside with the base of my tongue, down in my throat like you said. Only on one side. I went to an ENT and he just used this small mirror to look behind my tonsil and said it looked okay but I might have acid reflux. I took 2 boxes of Prilosec, they're all gone now and nothing's really better. Wonder what caused this, it's been ongoing for 2 months too. Just thought I'd let ya know you're not alone out there.

-Michele

Sounds like tonsil stones maybe - they are they grayish-ivory colored things that smell really bad that grow in your throat from either foods, bacterias or a combo of both. Do a Google search and you can find all sorts of websites about them.

Hi, i too had a similar sensation, further down the line i am having my right lobe and lower part of the isthmus removed due to a very large nodule.
i am told that these nodules are more common than we realise. for example 30% of 30 year olds, 40% of 40 year olds...etc have them. most nodules turn out to be benign especially when numerous. my advice is to get yourself checked out and if you're not satisfied go to another Doctor.

Hello
A couple years ago I felt like there was a lump in my throat. I saw a ent who said that it was nothing to be too concerned about. Then last week while swallowing water I felt a painful "pop" as if something broke in my throat. The front of my neck was sore and i became very worried and scared. The next day I tried to get a appointment to have it checked out but every doctor was booked. I have insurance but did not want to go the the emergency room because i was not dying and I knew that i would have to see a specialist anyways. Swallowing was painful and turning my head was painful. So after a couple days the soreness dissappeared, and when I finally got in to see a speciallist he said it was a muscle spasm that caused the pop. The separate lump or tightness he said could be caused be stress, alcohol, or neck strain. I didn't have any signs of anything else. After giving it more thought I think it's caused by my neck position when I work on my laptop while on a couch or a bed. It causes a slight neck strain that adds up over time i believe. I'm posting this because I was scared as hell and was trying to see if anyone has experienced the same thing. It gave me some comfort while I was waiting to find that a few people had experienced this. Fortunately there's nothing wrong with me yet. Still if there's something that worries you about your health, see a doctor,

i also have something in my throat like a lump or bump. i have tried to remove it in all kind of ways, swallowing it or gargel, especially when i swallow, on the outside it feels normal. on the inside it feel like a nodule or something it is irritating, not sore, just irritating, not painful when i swallow, or nothing. making me very nervous though. pray for me. worried.

i had the same thing happend, i did everything i could think of to get rid of the problem, gargled, coughed, tried everything, than i prayed and all these little yellow balls that smelled came up. it was awlful, at one time it seemed like a big knot ,than like a lump, and than i was scared because it would not move. it stayed in the same place, when i went to bed it seemed like some kind of obstructon, all kind of eriee thought came to mind, but i got tired of it all and prayed that GOD would remove it or desorve it, as soon as possible, and have mercy on me and forgive me for anything i have done to cause this to come upon me, and thats when it happened. all this little yellow stone just came popping up. You may not believe but that is what happened. :-)

OMG I have the same feeling on the right side of my throat and only that side! It's no pain just irritation and I actually seen it! It's like a little red ball coming out from the right tonsil area and hangs next to my little bell thing! And I pushed it back it in the first couple of times and it would come back out but I just put it in again and thank to GOD it hasnt came out! I'm really scared though! Does anyone know what that means? And it is the first time it happens!! :cry: :?

I'm gonna be blunt as I can possibly be. I suspect that if you've experienced this annoying sensation as I am currently enduring, you first of all think and grow fearful that it is throat cancer. I can hear you all agreeing with me now. LOL. But it's due to minor irritation in the throat could be from bacteria a infected small scrape or symptom of coming down with a cold, the flu etc. I would suggest gargling with warm salt water then using a throat spray to numb the pain, rest, warm fluids " no coffee" use tea and of course the number one pain remedy "PRAYER!"

I hope this helps someone.

I have the same thing in my throat but on the left side. I am freaking because it feels like a big bone sticking out in the back top of my throat. Not down the throat, but back and up. I am constantly having to swallow and it never goes away. I have no idea what it is or why but I've had it for about 6 weeks now.....The bone in the back feels like its actually leaning to the left side.So weird. I saw an ENT and he told me it was a bone from my spine.Well, ok, that helped.NOT!!!!

Hi I have acid reflux for years i am a smoker for the last year or so I have to clear my throat alot and just about 6 months ago I can feel a lump on the left side of my throat it feels like it moves like its food or something but its not and when i cough i can feel it moving kinda like up and down I am so so so so worried sense im a smoker that its going to be cancer Im making a app to see my doctor so we will see I pray to god its just something they can fix easily .

Hi, I have been suffering with my throat feeling tight and feeling like there was a lump in it for 3 months. The feeling was almost unbearable and scary to say the least. All of the doctors I went to said it was anxiety. They gave me different meds. but none helped. I have noticed that when I eat Campbells chicken noodle soup in the evenings, the next day my throat feels 90% better. I think all our problems with the tight feeling may have to do with the sodium or iodine intake. I don't eat alot of salt but when I eat the soup, my throat feels good. Try the soup and see what happens. I hope this helps!! Good Luck!

I have had a sensation of a lump in my throat for about 7 months now. I have had numerous tests done on my larynx , esophagus, and thyroid. I've had a couple Ultra sounds done on my throat and also a F.N.A (fine needle aspiration) which came back benign. My ENT wanted to remove half of my thyroid on the left side (that's where I was feeling a lump) but he said it was up to me. I decided not to have the surgery. He said I should have an Ultrasound done every 6 - 7 month to monitor this nodule in my throat, just to see if it gets any bigger. I haven't had another Ultrasound done yet as it's only been about 2 months, but it still feels the same. It does not hurt, it's just annoying, but I found that drinking liquids makes it feel a little better. Just thought I'd tell all of you out there that have this problem that it might just be an annoying nodule especially as you get older.

I have, for over a week now, being experiencing the exact same thing as all of you have described above. I had swallowed really hot coffee or something about two days before I noticed this lump-thing in my throat. It's around where my thyroid is..and is not painful but just irritating and uncomfortable, most of the time. Every once in a while, it'll hurt a little bit..especially if I eajt something spicy or hot or cold..but it doesn't hurt very much. It seems to vary a bit in degrees of discomfort..throughout the day, it'll bother me less..but at night, it'll bother me a little more and in the morning when I wake up, it has got much worse too. Mine isn't really on one side or another..maybe slightly more on the left side but not much. It feels like something I swallowed just got lodged in my throat and won't go down...in fact, that's what I thought it was at first... Then I remembered having swallowed the way-too-hot drink...and wondered if maybe I had somehow inflamed something. Anyway, haven't had it checked out yet...kinda hoped it would just go away.
~Dave

i hear ya! i have been looking for some answers for my throat issue as well... yet mine seems a bit different.. most times that i eat it feels as if i get little bits of food stuck in my throat and it can stay like that for a day or 3 days... it doesn't happen every time .. just most times...i'm not overly concerned at this time its just a bit annoying to go threw your day feeling like popcorn kernels are stuck in your throat. i have gargled with warm salt water and tried drinking plenty of fluids nothing seems to help but time. i won't have insurance untill next month. i just have to wait it out.. oh and by the way it doesn't hurt and its not sore its just annoying :-D