Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. its been about a week and a half since this start, i realized it when i had woken up. Basicially, everytime i swallow and sometimes yawn, there's a sharp pain that lasts less than a second, it feels like its striking the back of my neck. Its not my throat per se, since it doesn't hurt/feel sore and i don't feel any hoarseness in my voice. Nothing on the outside looks or feels swollen either.

I told my friend and he told me it could be the way you sleep causing you to have a muscle strain, but the pains been on and off for the past 3 days. it sometimes hurts when i move it in a certain angle too, but only sometimes.

I'm a 19 year old male, not a very heavy smoker (used to have 8 a day, now only 3) or a heavy drinker. Any idea what it could be? i have yet to go to a doctor because i just figured it might go away on its own.

thoughts?

I have had this very same problem for over a year now!!! I haven't been able to figure out what this problem is but I feel like I have to push on my neck to get it to "fix". Today it "fixed" but later on it started to bother me again and now the pain is just there. It won't go away. It's not the piercing pain that I can't even swallow (sometimes that's how bad it is) but it's enough to be bothering me.

If you find out how to correct this, please let me know. I've been to the ER on a different issue and not even the ER doctor knew what I was talking about. So frustrating!

Thanks! and good luck!